View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

In mid-January I ordered a Vararam:

I didn't do much for a couple of months but in June the paint bug hit me. I took the Vararam apart and decided to paint it to match the truck and use the truck's factory nose badge as an accent piece, which I painted as well:

At this time I also attempted to paint my interior plastics...it was a disaster. I took it to a professional...another disaster. That story continues later.

Also in June 2012 I bought some OEM Outdoorsman flares that were already the right color. This is one of my top five mods because, to me, it gave the truck's exterior a more finished look. I like the wider look it gives the truck and also helps pull my wide 305 tires in.

Here is a shot with the fronts done and the backs still without the flares so you can see what I mean about the finished look:

And all installed:

Also in June, I had my rear tailgate badge shaved:

June 30th, 2012 was one of the highest points for my truck and one of the lowest. That morning I won my first trophy at a car show when I took third:

And then on the way home...trophy still in the truck, I stopped at Sonic to get my lovely wife something to drink...and didn't quite clear the Sonic sign:

Luckily, I have a hell of a paint and body guy at my disposal. I dropped my truck off on July 4th at 3pm. I got it back fixed, repainted, cleared, and buffed at 2:30pm the NEXT DAY. It cost me $100.