View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
Administrator

David - on the torque converter.......I know our trucks are a little different, 4x4, wheels / tires, etc. But, the similarities of the drivetrain can't be ignored either. I have had the verter truck now for a month. I only drive in the city, and I'm pretty heavy on the gas. I've lit them up 2x, both times I goosed it a tad more than normal, and she broke loose a tad. I let off, understanding that the 950 I paid for these 34s.......I don't really feel like paying for AGAIN, anytime soon.

In day to day driving, you definitely know its there, it shifts a LOT faster, RPMs don't drop much at all. I love it, but for the grand I have in it (parts and labor) I am not sure I'd do it again for the cost. 500, yeah, I'd do that. But, I simply couldn't install - no freakin' time, or desire honestly.

On the flame idea.....its whatever works for you bud - I am not a flame guy, just not a fan of them.....mostly. Heck, you know Carl (3500dually)'s 51? That car would look simply amazing if the darker gray was the entire front end of the car, then flaming out.......as it sits now - I just don't feel it.

see what I mean?

But, I'm in the same boat as you........"whats next". Headers were a thought, but yeah, 1600 for longtubes? holy FACK.