View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #79
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Well you must remember that these caculations take hard info into consideration. However I have plugged a couple three of my old cars into the equations and the results are quite accurate. Not only do the times agree with the ets but the corrected ets very close.

Example: One '74 Roadrunner, 3800 lbs runs best of 14.3 at 102+ mph. 60 ft times are in the 1.5/ 1.6 range...with street tires! 102 trap speed applied to et calculator shows times should be in the 13/3s...this agrees with the old Direct Connection bible. BTW...the person who purchased the car from me swapped 4:30 gears in place of the 3:91s and started running slicks...
At the same track I ran under probably the same conditions the car now runs 13.2s. Coinkydink? I doubt it. The suspension was set up front and rear to run in the 13s with the exception of gears and slicks.

You're running a 2.12 60 ft with an open rear and street tires correct>? The caculator merely states you should be 3 tenths quicker which is not an astonomical figure. Between reaction time and lack of traction you are losing at least 3/10ths of a second.

Again, my old 'runner is running 1.6 60 ft times with nasty old fiberglass belted L-60/15s I'll give you 2 tenths because your truck is about 200 lbs heavier with driver. That still leaves 3/10s...which on my car I'll contribute to suspension and a sure grip rear end.

If you run your car again with street tires, try to count how many seconds you hear squeal when you leave and deduct about a tenth for every 2 seconds.

EDIT.... Yes your truck will make more power when it's cooler. But the track surface will be cooler too, and if you can't hook up now, you may be slower.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 08-18-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote