View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

2002 would continue to go wrong. Over the Christmas holidays my apartment would be broken into and my firearms and other items stolen. Eventually my firearms would be returned, but the sting will never leave. I began to rethink my move to Arizona.

2003... things would start to change. My friend Braden in the Silver Off road would give me his old coils and leaf packs when his 5.5 Fabtech was installed. Here's a pic of his truck. Wonder what happened to him...last time I saw him he was getting married.

2003 wiould be a busy year for me and the Ram. After another day trip up the back way to Crown King, my water pump decided to take a crap. Enter my friend Rich. The assistant manger of the Checker autoparts store I worked at, and homeowner with a shaded carport.

We replaced the waterpump, fan clutch and pulleys...

Then he helped me replace the rear leaf springs with the Off road packs. I'd installed a BDS AAL in them and chopped the overloads for more flex.
Truck now sits like my '69 Roadrunner with the air shocks pumped up. The rake has got to go!

You'll also notice the blow mold tool box with a carbon fiber version. The blowmolded version pretty much melted from the heat.

Rich's carport would serve me well that year. For Christmas the truck got some chrome differential covers, a front diff guard (which has saved the cover more than once) and a Lindstad track bar. Finally I reduced the rake just a bit by putting the Offroad front springs...

Sadly no pics exist of this...because the truck site they were on had a server meltdown and they were lost.

We roll on into 2004 next...

Last edited by ramthis9501; 08-07-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote