View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
myoung84
Super Moderator

LOL, JJ, that was Friday's adventure. Went to Zios, no parking, so I drove down the hill, over the curb, and into a Home Depot parking spot. Problem solved. My wife looked at my like I was retarded.

Then Saturday the wife and I went for a little wheeling trip to White Water Park at Keystone lake. I've never been there and was hoping that there was something other that sand, but that wasn't the case. I was driving down the dry river bed covered in larger rocks and the truck was doing great. Then I got the skid plate on the front axle hung up on a rock. When I goosed it to go over it, the rear immediately started sinking. I tried to finesse it out but under the thin layer of rocks was soggy sand. Ended up getting the driver side pretty buried. Luckily there was a couple of nice country folks there noodling and I was able to talk one of the kids into letting me hook on to his bumper and winch out. Winch pulled it right out with ease and I was out in no time.

I tried to be careful of the rocks scratching the rims, but one still got caught up in the driver side front and scratched it all to hell. I was sort of waiting for this to happen so I could justify buying a 5th rim and tire for a full size spare, but didn't think it would happen this soon. Oh well, what's another $500? I'm just glad it was only one...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote