View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Now yall are talking my language! If you want a truck to mod on and what not better think real hard about getting a 3 gen or a high mileage 4th with no warranty. Because it is real hard to swallow voiding your warranty on such an expensive truck. And if you did go ahead and void the warranty, think about the ass eating your wife will give you if you need to have warranty work done, but cant. Injectors are about $1500 each and are usually the first casualty of a tuner.

But with that said I am real happy with the performance of my un-modded 6.7--mileage isn't great but it is better than a gasser. Right now, according to the computer I am getting 14.5 MPG mixed driving (80% Hwy). I never got better than about 12mpg in my '06 Hemi Mega. As far as pulling a boat with the diesel, if you pulled it with your 1500 gasser, you wont even know its back there with the 2500 diesel.

I found that typically September and October are the best months to buy a car or truck. If you shop around a lot you can find what you want for the most part. Every dealer I went to said "If we don't have it, we can find one for you." And that is true to some degree BUT know that they aren't looking at the inventory on lots that are close. For example, Bob Howard in Edmond said that the closest truck that matched my requirements was in Texas...I found one in El Reno that I ended up buying. My guess is that dealers aren't allowed to pull from inventory on lots that are competitors. So Tulsa dealers probably wont look in OKC for a match and certainly wont look in Tulsa. The caveat is if the dealers are owned by the same company/person.

For my .02 I am real happy with the service that I get from Frontier Dodge. On the sales end of things they didn't jerk with me at all. The price on the truck came it right on the money, but the offer on my trade was $1000 too low. I told them I needed another $1000 to make the deal and it was oked immediately...It didn't take more than 20 minutes to negotiate the deal. I probibly could have got them to come off the price another grand if I had gone home to think about it. But in the end I didn't get the truck for a steal but I didn't get wallet raped either. On the service/shop end of things, I haven't had any warranty work done (knock on wood) except for a few recall items. But I do go there every 5000 miles and get the oil changed for $9.95! (no that's not a typeo, they only charge $9.95 to change the oil on any Dodge or Chrysler including Diesels) I'll give them first shot at my business when I'm ready for my next new car or truck.
MegaCabMan is offline   Reply With Quote