View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #26
swirvin21
V6 Member

Finished installing the rebuilt transmission valve body and doing the GM solenoid conversion, then slapped on the Hughes extra deep pan and JB welded a magnet to the drain plug. Poured in about 12 quarts of fluid and drove around the block! Everything shifted, no mean scary lights on the dash or problems. Had a horrible smell from the paint I put on the exhaust, but that will pass. Tightened up the collector bolts and got rid of a few leaks.

Now I need to get the seat belts permanently wired up, install the tow mirrors, new Borgeson box and shaft, FastMan throttle body, bumpers, tow wiring, gooseneck, alignment, freon recharge, shocks, etc. After it's together and running on the road for a few weeks, I'll start working on getting the D80 rear end put back together and collect parts for the front hub conversion. At that point I should be done for awhile! <crossed fingers>

The exhaust sounds good! Deep rumble, but not very loud. Didn't notice any bad noises in the cab. I'll try to get a video up in the next few days!
swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote