View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #44
swirvin21
V6 Member

Been a little slower lately on upgrading stuff....BUT I did manage to get the gooseneck installed! A shout-out to the wonderful people at BLUE OX for introducing me to their product. http://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck/Blue-Ox/DH1104.html
I had never even heard of them and I'm shocked at how great it is!!! Fits the short bed PERFECT and I don't have to reach under the nasty bed to pull the ball- just climb in the bed and flip it....a TRUE 1 PERSON JOB!!!!

Also wanted to show off how low-profile my low profile rubber runflats are! You don't have to pull them or cut them to drive on the street....though it will save weight to cut them down, it will take a ton of flex to have any contact occur!!!

You can see how they only go a few inches past the bead, not even to the name plate on the Bajas....plenty of room to air down to 5-10psi in my mind. However, they are a bit heavy, so I'm working on finding someone with a large lathe who can turn them down and make them easier to remove/install.

Will be installing bumper this weekend on the White and getting a few more things ready for my 2K trip to Chicago and Cleveland...talk about a test drive!
swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote