View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
myoung84
Super Moderator

Got the stereo installed this weekend. This was all removed from the old truck. Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD headunit, Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp, Alpine Type R 10" sub, and backup camera.

Overall, I am pleased with the sound, for now. It needs new speakers throughout but for now it will work. The stock Alpine system sounds better with a new headunit than it did stock, but it's not what I would consider "great" sounding. Also, I am getting an annoying speaker pop on startup every once in a while. (maybe 1 in 5 times?). I will eventually fix that by replacing the 6 main speakers and adding my 4 channel Alpine amp that I already have. Biggest hurdle will be deciding what to do with the other 3 speakers (center dash and rear headliner speakers). The center will most likely be scrapped and the rear headliner speakers will either be driven off the headunit or possibly scrapped as well...

This is why I didn't want the Alpine "upgrade", if you can call it that. But, you are forced to get the technology group to get the sunroof... All it is to me is an Alpine badge on the dash, which will eventually all be replaced with "real" Alpine equipment.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote