View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default Interior suggestions

As most of you know, I remodeled my interior a bit by shaving the A and B pillars of their "oh shit" handles, wrapping all of the A, B, and C pillars, headliner accessories, headliner, and visors in black microsuede. I also have some custom cut door inserts that I wrapped in the same material to fill in that blank area on the door. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, see my interior thread here:

http://oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=1407

So here's the deal...I want to pull the suede down further in the truck. With such an overwhelming amount around my head and only one piece on each of the doors, I want to pull that material down a bit. Now, this isn't the "I'm a ricer and want to paint any damn thing I can pull off of the truck" situation, I want to integrate the suede into the interior a bit more so it looks like it belongs.

Suggestions?

I've thought about wrapping either all or part of the steering wheel in it. Stitching it wouldn't be much of a problem, seeing as how my wife stitched the necessary areas on the visors by hand with no prior automotive interior experience. I would love to do the seat inserts, but don't trust such a delicate material to the daily abuse that the truck still gets (hey, its still a truck).