Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
Matt
SRT-10 Member

the knicks have a ton of talent they just need a system that works for their strengths and a dominant head coach that they will respect they have a ton of potential

and obviously they lakers don't suck .. the thunder would have to win every championship till 2030 to have more than them ... the lakers are a dynasty and the thunder are definitely not over looking them i talked to tony which is kevin durants brother friday and they definitely have respect for them .. they have re-tooled and added a couple great pieces midseason in ramon sessions and jordan hill and bynum is the best center in the league minus dwight and he's still better than him offensively just dwight is a beast on the boards and defense ...

something to think about: this team has 2 years left the way it's constructed and then it's going to get blown up ... serge is only making 1.2 this year and harden 4.6 both of which are WAAAAY outplaying their contracts and are free agents after 2014 harden will probably get 13-15 a year and serge not far behind as a free agent

salary cap is 58-59 million and as it sits this year thunder are right at the max next year they are actually over by 4-5 million ... in 2014 they have 49 million allocated to just 7 players:

Kevin Durant
Kendrick Perkins
Russell Westbrook
Nick Collison
Cole Aldrich
Reggie Jackson
Lazar Hayward

that leaves only 10-12 million for 2 more starters and 6 bench players ... going to be rough

i say all that just to say i hope you thunder fans appreciate what you have now bc the front office has done a hell of a job drafting and you have a ton of talent at a big discount bc they are young ... hopefully they can keep both serge and harden but there is a big chance that they won't be able to get both or maybe not even 1 of them bc of the max deals durant/westbrook got
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote