View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #1620
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
Can this happen if they crossed a wire? Like a signal wire ground is in the positive?
when you start adding multiple amps and running rca's and power wire all over the place you can pick up sound pretty easy did you use those dual twist rca's i gave you? hard to hear exactly whats going on in the video but just from hearing you turn it up doesn't sound like the subs get loud at all? if that's the case it really sounds like one might be backwards polarity this is why i don't let any audio shops touch my stuff nobody seems to care about their workmanship anymore especially if they didn't make the money off the product

1) kicker amps tend to pick up sound easier than other amps on the market for some reason - don't really know why but i've installed them for over 5 years and had more issues with them than any other amps combined
2) check polarity on subs - you can look at the subs or feel them and when the bass hits make sure they are going the same way if they are both going out or in at the same time you're good - if you have a ton of output then don't worry about this step
3) check your grounds - they don't seem like they care enough to do a good job the first time so having them fix their mistakes is probably asking too much plus you'll know exactly what was done a proper ground uses atleast the same size wire as your power with as short of a run as possible, scratch the paint until you get bare metal and shoot 2-3 self tapping screws into the terminal i normally do 1 in the eye of the terminal and then 2 into the body of the lug that way it can't move at all and creates a really good ground

try the amps first and if you still have sound you can try several things
try isolating the power and signal (rca) wires farther apart and only cross them at 90 degree angles
don't attach the amps directly to metal - if you can't help that use thick rubber washers or a piece of wood under the mounting legs
try grounding your deck to a proper ground ( not in the harness - to a good bare metal ground)
also try grounding the case of the radio to the same ground
if this doesn't work you can try grounding the outside part of the rca ends - but you have good rcas so i would do this last

you dont' have to do everything just do one at a time until you fix the sound .. the fact that you had a sound already in the system and then added a second amp and it got worse doesn't surprise me at all .. that's to be expected there was an issue from the beginning and you added to it .. but should be able to fix it with those steps
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote