View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #13
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
Yes I was using a factory HU and just put this one in.. I did have a scosche line out converter installed with the Factory HU but when I orderd the aftermarket HU it came with another scosche wiring kit which had another (looked like line out converter) but I had my friend who owns a car audio shop swing by my house and install it while I was working today.
do you remember if your rca's plug directly into your radio or if he re-used the line out converter .. with our trucks we have a can bus system that requires an expensive harness to give the radio a switched 12v source so thats what the scosche piece was that you seen

normally as with anything it's always the most simple things you are over-looking so since it worked fine with no issues and then you changed the radio out that should be the issue ... the only thing i can think of is you are getting a way stronger signal now to the amp and the amp is running harder than it needs to and cutting off (this could be 2 reasons 1 your radio has a higher voltage output than your l.o.c. or 2 he's using both the loc and the radio and that would be way higher) .. your impedance (ohms) shouldn't be an issue as it ran on the stock head unit and nothing else changed

where is your gain and bass boost set on your amp?
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote