View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
myoung84
Super Moderator

Well, I have officially made the decision that I'm sticking with my 2012 and will not be perusing a 2014 with the big bad engine. It's going to get the Carli 2.0 suspension package and will get put back on a 295/70/18 tire.

I'm sure they will be charging an extra ~$2k for the 6.4L and then I would most likely buy the Laramie Power Wagon this time, so there's another ~$4k. I could easily be approaching a $60k sticker price while my current truck was just over $50k. After considering the price of the new truck and the loss I would on this truck, I could easily drop in an Inertia stroker engine for much less, and have a lot more than 410 HP.

I just like my truck way to much to give up on it. I've put a lot into it already and don't really want to start over. After clay barring and waxing it this week, it still looks pretty damn sexy too! With a few dollars in a suspension system, some bigger tires, and stroker under the hood, I'll have a truck that will eat a 2014 for breakfast...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote