Thread: Local Car Shows
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
my wife has actually encouraged me to enter a show, i am self conscious about my truck.

that does look like a fun one. i never even knew claremore had a lake and i was born there
Y'know..I can appreciate the feeling. My truck has tons of "Arizona pinstripping" on it yet. There are other flaws as well. It isn't filled with plushy carpet, leather appointments, braided fluid hoses or flames. But it is clean...which brings me to my next point.

I assure you that these types of shows are not how shall I carefully put this....ISCA type shows. I've never seen the judges spend more than a minute looking over any vehicle. I've never seen ONE even glance at my suspension mods, and they probably wouldn't know a disconnect from a limit strap. Which brings me to my final pont.

These shows, for most of the participants, are not about trophies. They're about hanging with your friends, eating fattening foods, laughing and joking, checking out the ladies (if your're a guy) and getting away from it all. It's for dreaming of those big mods, talking sports, drinking beer, talking cars or kids or anything or nothing at all. That's what car shows used to be about, and if it weren't for those kinds of entrants there would be no shows today.
Oh sure there are serious dudes there, but for a 10 buck trophy or plaque? I'm thrilled to win a cool door prize.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-16-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote