View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

Originally Posted by Matt View Post
i will just assume you are talking to me since i'm the only one that said anything .. and again i will say that i didn't mention anything about his ride from a personal opinion and will not if someone's truck isn't my cup of tea then so be it as long as they like it ... i will say something though if someone has over-looked something safety wise in the 2 pics i've seen of the setup it does indeed look sketchy and i can't even see the welds or the link bars to make a better determination but chances are if everything is rusted and the time wasn't taken to clean up the setup and do things right the first time then there are bigger issues and the amount of force applied when dragging a frame is quite high many of trucks have had catastrophic failures from bag jobs that weren't up to snuff ... this is his first bagged truck so maybe he doesn't understand what is safe and what is not safe ... and he bought it like this he didn't do the work so i'm not even criticizing his work so nobody here should be butthurt ...
It was directed to noone in particular. But to anyone who has any kind of negative implications behind their comments. I was speaking on the TOPIC and not to anyone who has SAID anything in particular. If somehow you feel like it applies to you specifically, that's on you my friend. But on that note there really is probabbly a better way to express how "sketchy" his rear setup may be. On the subject of first-hand experience with a laid out truck, I have none. Nor do I claim to. So as correct as you may be, you've obviously offended him or irritated him, or something, and that's just not the point of the forum so there's no need to get testy. Everybody just needs to chill out and appreciate each other's rides.