View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
myoung84
Super Moderator

Default Working the Wagon

I had a tree that decided to die on me last summer, so it had to come out. I cut all the branches off and was left with a stump. Luckily, my gate was perfectly in line with the tree. I have a field behind my house with a canal up against the fence line that I had to deal with. I parked on across the canal, pulled the winch line over the swampy canal, through the gate and hooked on to a chain around the trunk. It was barely enough cable, I had about 8 wraps on the drum once everything was hooked up.

Started to winch in and it was just pulling the truck across the grass. Ended up putting in in 4 low and reverse and when I started winching, I let off the brakes. The stump came out with no problems at all. I was impressed at how easy it popped out. Didn't get a video, but I did snap a few pics. Also have some pics of the load of firewood I picked up yesterday. Not really much work for the truck at all. It did ride a little smoother though...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote