View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #1830
myoung84
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
kids thrown in the mix REALLY fuck shit up. LOL (kids are great, but man those boogers sure do a 180 on your life).
This is the problem. My wife has a classic case of wanting her cake and eating it too. We talked a year ago and decided that her going back to work after 12 weeks was best for everyone. We don't have to alter our lifestyle and the baby gets whatever she needs and wants. I told her we could make it work with her not working but some things have to go, to include the truck, home renovations, eating out every night, etc. We had the same conversation before the baby was born to make sure we were both on the same sheet still, all was good. Now it's changed and I'm the biggest dick in the world for "making" her work, yet she's not willing to give up anything, including the truck which she thinks we need. The truck is nothing more than a cool toy that costs me $1000 a month after the payment, insurance, gas, etc. Yes it's nice to have a truck, but it's not needed, especially a gas guzzling Power Wagon. She also didn't need an expensive ass Jeep. I could have easily bought a $30k entry level SUV and saved a ton of money. Too late now. I'd have to scratch a $15k check if I had to sell both vehicles today. I've given her all the available financial options and she wants the only one that's not feasible. It's kind of difficult to cut out $3k per month of expenses overnight... I guess we don't need good health care coverage either, Obamacare will save us all...

Sorry for the venting, it's just extremely frustrating. My wife's not stupid by any means but she's letting her emotions get in the way of reality and what's really best of the baby. Her sitting on her ass holding the baby for 12 hours a day is not good for either of them. I'm hoping things will settle down after a few weeks. Monday was her fist day back...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote