View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default I'm all over the place...

Alright, you guys know that I cancelled my header order because BBK keeps pushing them back. Now I have $400 or so to play with but with the holidays coming up there won't be more...gotta hook the little man up.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys are tired of me picking different things to discuss, but with mod money being tight, I run all the options through to make sure I pick the right thing. Here are my thoughts:

First:

I could just stay with the BBKs. Yes they were delayed and yes they may do it again, but its a set of bolt-on ceramic coated headers for $400.

Second:

Moe's 87mm throttle body. I like this option because of how easy the install would be BUT there's no "show" with it. That's not the most important aspect, but being that my truck is much more show than go, I would like to add to both if possible.

Third:

I had discussed a cheap high performance stall converter (better M?) but the problem here, as pointed out by members with much more knowledge than myself, this may actually hurt me a bit because of my open differential not being able to transfer the increased torque to the pavement. Another downer is the install. While I would love to do it, pulling the trans on the ground in my garage sounds like hell.

Fourth:

I thought about some paint options, but found out today that my painter's manager nixed anymore side jobs at work, so I have to wait until he gets his home shop finished, but thats a couple of months out.

Fifth:

I was talking to my brother, who isn't a car guy, about what I could do that would be show and performance and he brought up something I did to my '04. Because the Boss 335s and my current wheels have such an open design, the brake rotors stick out like a sore thumb. On my '04 I slapped on a set of cross drilled rotors and it helped the look a ton and helped braking a bit. Thoughts about this? I can pick up a set just like I had on my old truck pretty affordably which would help show, help stop, and still leave a little change.

Anything else I haven't thought of?