View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #1811
myoung84
Super Moderator

Wife still likes the Jeep but I think I just like the truck a little more. I can't wait to see what they do with the 5th gens. The air suspension and 3.0L diesel would be pretty damn sweet.

And I'll never buy another new vehicle off the lot, a custom order is the way to go. There were things I settled for on my 2010 and I lucked out and got my Power Wagon pretty much exactly how I wanted but being able to order EXACTLY what you want makes it a little easier to drop that kind of money. Also, when you tell a dealer that a custom order is the only way you're buying a vehicle, it takes some of the BS out of the deal with them trying to get you into something that day.

My truck is going to be around for a long time though. With everything I've done to it, it doesn't make much sense to trade it in anytime soon. Plus, my suspension mods won't work on the new suspension and I'm sure it will be a while for companies like Carli and Thuren to develop an awesome suspension package. I would absolutely love to add some more power though, either from a stroker engine or a RIPP supercharger... I'm thinking a 400 CI stroker would be pretty damn awesome!

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

Last edited by myoung84; 10-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote