Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
I say go with option 1. I was planning on doing this in DBLTAKE this summer. I would avoid the painting though if possible. I don't know if they are available for 4th gens, but i was able to find black pillars for 3rd gens a while back. You should try to find them.
Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
So I've got a little money to play with and I'm trying to decide what my truck needs next...it can't be anything too big as my wife and I made some decisions lately that affect our finances and big projects are out for a while, but here are a few I've been tossing around:

1. Interior: two toned plastics, black upper pillars (everyone knows the 3rd and 4th gens all have tan upper pillars), and black microsuede headliner and visors.

Thoughts: The ONLY thing that has made me second guess this is painting the upper pillars. I've heard great things about SEM but my concern is areas of constant use, such as the seatbelt hangers that will get rubbed daily by the seatbelt itself and the grab handles that don't get used as often but when they do there is more pressure applied.
this doesn't last well for repeated use so you have to pick and choose what you can do .... seatbelt hangers- no.. also the inside of the clips for the sunvisors no ... and i wouldn't do the rods at all the grab handles are bad for me but i have a lifted truck and i date short girls so they get used alot and girls all wear damn rings that chew that shit up ... so touch ups are needed do you have a sunroof?

with all that said i've had this done for 5 years roughly and can't imagine not having it done... i would do it over and over again even with all the right stuff its only a couple hundred dollars to do it all
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote