Thread: James (DBLTAKE)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
KBB and NADA mean absolutely nothing these days. Good luck with the insurance company, they will be almost impossible to fight...

That would be a good settlement if they let you keep it. You could make a lot back by parting it out...
this ....

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. But I'm not going to settle for that little without keeping the truck, I may be a kid but that doesn't make me an idiot.
kid or not and how long and how much you've paid for insurance means very little they have a computerized system that pays out what they think it's worth ...

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
Well the insurance company just offered me $6300 minus the 500 dollar deductable for my truck. Not a chance in this world I'm agreeing to that amount. It's ridiculous how much they'll low ball you. They only wanna pay $5800 for a truck that I've had full coverage on for four years and could have EASILY sold it for $10k+. Pullin shit like that ain't gonna fly just because I'm a 19 year old kid. Even the kbb value is $8360 and the nada value is $9100. So I may be without a vehicle a little longer than i'd hoped but I refuse to be takin advantage of to the point that I only receive HALF the value of a truck on FULL coverage.
so if kbb and nada value the truck 8300-9100 how would you sell it for 10k plus? .. i haven't seen many vehicles in the past few years sell for more than what they list i myself have paid less and gotten less than nada on every vehicle i have bought or sold

what is your year/mileage/engine/package? 10k seems awfully high ... my buddy is selling his single cab hemi 04 for 5500
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote