View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #2305
myoung84
Super Moderator

Default Re: The Offical B.S Thread!!!!

You can have details in 6-10 weeks! Haha.

Just kidding. Went with a monotone granite Outdoorsman, Hemi, 4x4, and 6' bed. Only options I added were comfort group (heated steering wheel and seats), backup cam, center console, 8.4AN, and trailer brake controller. 3.92 gears, LSD, and remote start are standard. Didn't add the extras like rambox, sunroof, air suspension, etc.

Typical car buying transaction, told them I wasn't in a hurry but would like to see what they can do. I honestly wasn't expecting to buy a new truck today, just wanted to look at the SLT interior more than anything. They had just gotten a 2wd Laramie diesel in and we're eager for me to test drive it. Sure I said! I was really impressed but the numbers just didn't work out. There are no rebates available (despite the Ram website saying so) and the price ended up being about $6k more. Not worth it for me. If it would have been just the $2850 for the engine adder I would have ordered it.

So I rejected the diesel option since I knew we would be too far off and settled on the Hemi. I sent the poor salesman back about 5 times and they finally gave me an offer I was happy with. Ended up with about $8k off sticker and $33k trade in. Trade is a bit low still but that's honestly a fair deal. I still have 8 or so weeks to sell it though. Everything except the wheels and tires are coming off the power wagon. Glad I save my stock parts! All in all, I won't come out too bad.

So, now we wait...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote