View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
myoung84
Super Moderator

Went and did a little testing yesterday. This is a mile long trail that leads to a lift station about halfway through near my house. The first third of it is some muddy ruts and a small creek crossing. The truck rode awesome through the ruts and and through the mud. It's still rough but it's so much better than it ever was on stock suspension. I was also running full street pressure in the tires, airing down would have helped. The rest of it is a hard packed dirt trail. This is where the new suspension really shined. Last time I was on this short trail it beat the crap out of me running at slow speeds. This time I was running 45-50 mph and it was amazingly smooth. The truck felt like it was glued to the dirt and was very predictable on the slight curves. It could have handled a lot more speed but I wasn't sure that I could, lol. It was very exhilarating running at speeds that I never would have considered on stock suspension. New, softer 35s are only going to help.

Here's a few pics I snapped. I'll try to get a video of me flying down the trail sometime.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote