View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
swirvin21
V6 Member

Thanks for the props!!! Be going out to the Tuesday night show at the 71st Fuddruckers here soon I hope! Maybe see you guys there, will bring some suspension seats to try and sell as well.

Right now I'm trying to plan out my axle swaps as I have 3 of them planned!

1) Rebuild rear SRW D80 for white Ram: simple rebuild of new bearings/seals and gives stronger axle w/ 4.10s
Also have a matching front D60 for it that looks good enough on the inside to avoid a rebuild, especially since I will be putting together a hub conversion for it that will eliminate R&P turning in 2wd!

-Stock 1995 Ram 3500 D60 front: remove knuckles out + stubs, replace knuckles/spindles/hubs with set from 1996 F350 to give rebuildable and serviceable bearings w/ DUAL PISTON CALIPERS!!!! F-yeah! Also including a Posi-Lok CAD connect and seal replacement. Simple cleanup and paint.

Trying to decide whether to build custom control arms with adjustable ends or swap in the DT ProFab .5"+ control arms currently in the Black Ram....not sure yet. Also trying to decide whether to get a shackle flip in the rear and remove the blocks to reduce axle wrap and improve ride. Will remove the overload and install a set of mini-packs along with air bags. Need to get custom shackle flip brackets with less lift to do this, so that is the hold up there!

2) Black Ram axle swap: 2004 F450 HP D60 front- needs front coil-over from DOR, coil-over hoops, custom 4 link w/ panhard using Artec truss, Ballistic brackets and some modifications, Ford F450 steering box or flipped pitman arm stock box, Solid Axle knuckles, Chevy DRW hubs and spindles, 35 spline chromo outers and lock-outs. Deciding between Stage 8 X-locks or Jana bearing spacers. Using Johnny Joints on both ends of control arms with DOR long arm brackets on the frame in front. Steering box will be ported for hydro-assist while being rebuilt/flipped, but will likley be plugged until I can afford that setup.

-Rear Dana 80 swap is up in the air. Likely will drop a 4.10 stock LS Dana 80 I have to keep it rolling/driving until I figure out the rear build. Will be running SkyJacker 2" rear leafs and DIY4X shackle flip brackets. Since the front has 4.88s and I can't afford to do the Jana 76 kit w/ Dana 70 5.13s up front right now, I'm planning out the rear. Figure it's best to spend the money on getting the suspensions setup and driving before dropping major $$ on rear lockers/chromos, etc etc.

3) 1999 Jeep TJ swap: taking built axles out of the Black Ram and dropping them into the Jeep using Artec rear 4 link brackets (triangulated uppers, slight out on lowers), Artec truss on rear D60 using Artec TJ conversion buckets and Artec D60 modular truss, combination of Johnny joints and Ballistic bushings. Will be doing a 3 link in the front using a custom truss of some sort and Ballistic brackets. Will keep coil springs front and rear for now and try to accommodate a stretch, but need a stretch tank in rear. Plan is to swap in a Dodge Ram steering box with flipped pitman and ported for hydro-assist to get proper Ackerman angles with D60. I also don't like the tilt brackets for the stock boxes...
swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote