View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
myoung84
Super Moderator

Spent some more money that I probably shouldn't have.

First, I finally found me a safe that I liked. I wanted a safe in my office closet to tuck into the side, which is exactly 24", and I didn't want to drop a grand on it. Finally found this one from Dick's that's 24" wide and it's a perfect fit. Still not cheap at $550, but it's nice and it's fire rated. Some of the others I found were closer to the 18-20" range but there was no center divider with shelving on one side, which I wanted for pistol and ammo storage. This one's advertised as a 16 gun capacity, but with the shelving on one side and having realistic sized guns, I could probably only get about 5-6 in there on one side. Here's a pic of it in place. It's even wiener dog approved!

Then I decided what good is a gun safe without a long gun in it? So I decided that I must purchase the Mossberg shotgun that caught my eye earlier that day. It's a Mossberg Flex 590 Tactical. It was sitting in the showcase with a price tag of about $725 but that included an attached flashlight and the HiViz sight. The flash light was pretty cool, but I wasn't will to pay the extra $200 for it so I had them take it off. The Flex series is pretty cool. This one has the adjustable stock but can easily be changed to a different stock or pistol grip.

http://www.mossberg.com/node/2647

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote