View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #67
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

I talked to several people about my truck. Far more than at most shows I've been to. I enjoyed the chats I had and the suprised views from folks I spoke with. Scroll down to the last paragraph

I'm more confused that vehicles won in more than one class when they were clearly marked...or were they?

Maybe because my truck is so >ahem< unique that most people aren't sure what to say. I believe the comments refering to my truck as "2nd generation" are humorous. I think its a nice DODGE...or Mopar. I know...it's an age thing. I got a big dose of that reality yesterday.

Lastly...the mind set of most Okies is that trucks are work vehicles, not statements of automotive talent. The idea of a "show truck" isn't well established here. I've heard those comments myself. My truck should be covered with mud and cowcrap from repairing fences...Really?

Welcome to the 21st century, Oklahoma.

EDIT: Despite it being an "LX" fest...many "classic" (gods how I hate these terms) owners still don't recognise modern muscle as valid. I can sorta see that with all the mural work and neon, but can remember when murals on muscle cars were quite trendy back in the 70's as well.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 07-29-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote