View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #210
myoung84
Super Moderator

Here's the pics of my new OEM switch panel. AUX 1 & 2 will go to future front mount lights, AUX 3 will activate a front mounted camera, and AUX 4 goes to my locker bypass. The two relays mounted on the right are for AUX 3 & 4. The grounds from AUX 1 & 2 run directly under the hood to trigger the relays for the lights. I originally had relays hooked up for these as well, but didn't see the need to have multiple relays on the same circuit.

I have the front camera relay partially wired and will complete it when I have time to actually mount a camera. I have it wired so that with the button off the reverse trigger goes through the normally closed contacts and will operate like normal when I put the truck in revers. When the button is switched on, it sends 12V to the head unit so it thinks the truck's in reverse and automatically switches to the camera input. I plan on running both front and rear camera video cables through a splitter to the single camera input. Only one camera will be powered at a time so there shouldn't be any issues. To do this, I'll have to install another relay triggered off the AUX 3 button to power the front camera, and the rear camera is already powered from the reverse lights.

The only thing that is currently hooked up and functional is the locker bypass. I went ahead and hard-wired the bypass because I was tired of waiting on a bypass harness to become available. Everything was soldered and wrapped in wire loom and the loom passes through a rubber grommet on the floor. It looks factory and I highly doubt any dealer will ever know it's been modified. The bypass works perfect, I just hit the button, and truck thinks it's in 4LO and I am able to lock the lockers in either 2HI or 4HI. I can also disconnect the sway bar in 2HI if needed. The lockers are still very sporadic. Sometimes the rear will lock within a couple feet but more often than not, it takes forever to get it to lock. I'll keep playing with these and see if it improves...

And here are some dirty pics from a little play time this weekend (Had to test the lockers ).

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote