Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ready for a BREAK! (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=1220)

DoubleTakeDodge 12-12-2012 01:47 AM

Ready for a BREAK!

I HATE finals week!! Always get so stressed that I make myself sick, Go most of the week without sleep, and get myself so worked up and pissed off that I'm not a great person to be around. Just 3 more days... :/

BMRbrnSNRbrd 12-12-2012 07:31 AM

The real question is, why?

I understand that taking a bunch of comprehensive exams can be stressful to prepare for, but keep in mind that you have been in the class for any number of weeks or months and, if you've actually attended class and given the instructor your attention, you learned what you need. Sure, you might need to refresh your memory, but I would rather study/refresh some and get a good night's rest than study all night, attempting to cram a semester's worth of work into one night, get barely any sleep, if any rest at all, and then go in so exhausted that my eyes are crossed.

Take it or leave it. That's how I earned my first degree and I'm almost complete with my second. I never spent a night cramming or staying up to the point of exhaustion.

DoubleTakeDodge 12-12-2012 09:56 AM

I tend to get nervous and have really bad test anxiety. I don't perform as well on tests in general. I know I have the capacity to do well but I just get worried and worked up about the possible outcomes. And I push myself too hard often times in order to exceed my own expectations. I dont know if I sound crazy, but I'm a good student, I just get worked up during this week every time. It's not even that I don't think I'll do we'll because I know I will and I know I'm prepared to the level I should be

ramthis9501 12-12-2012 02:50 PM

You just gotta stay calm man. I've always gone into taking tests with the mind set that I learned what I needed and that's good enough. I don't ever try to cram for tests, and when I did last year taking Anatomy, I barely got by with a D. So just look over your notes, books, etc. then move on. Go relax, eat a good dinner, get a good night's rest and go into the test laid back. Trust me, it helps ALOT.

1Tuff6.7 12-12-2012 06:36 PM

Look at it this way. I alway enjoyed finals week because that's the one and only time you get to see what the girls in the class REALLY look like. :P

fastnnuffrt 12-12-2012 08:21 PM

I'm no help I just drank and um a few other things :yaoface2: the couple colleges I went to

DoubleTakeDodge 12-13-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Tuff6.7 (Post 21531)
Look at it this way. I alway enjoyed finals week because that's the one and only time you get to see what the girls in the class REALLY look like. :P

Hahaha this!

And I always do well, I'm a pretty good student. I mean I graduated 3rd in my HS class and school has never been a major opponent of mine. I do a little cramming but mostly do my studying right. I don't know why I get the way I do. Just always do. Regardless of my attempts to keep from it. But the worst of the week is over now and I'm winding down.. Feelin a little better.