Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   Audio/Visual (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   single cab set ups. (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=568)

LowRam 01-16-2012 05:17 PM

single cab set ups.

anyone on here have a blow thru sub set up?
or anyone have pics of the set up in a single cab? not much room for a sub i these things.. i may even end up removing the middle seat/ console and building a custom console that will also have my air gauge and switches.

just curious to see what most of yall have used

ramthis9501 01-16-2012 05:38 PM

I would think that you could just cut through the back of the cab and front of the bed and run everything that way. Have you Googled any pics?

And the center console thing sounds like it would be pretty cool

LowRam 01-16-2012 11:33 PM

That a blow thru. That what i think im going to do. Ive also heard of people cutting a hole be low drivers seat and welding a metal box thats no lower than the frame and mounting a sub that way but i dont eant to do that im leaning more for the blow thru

OklaHemi 01-17-2012 10:29 PM

i have seen some pretty custom center consoles, jeremy aka numbers aka retrofit king aka 0215839er made the best looking one i have seen but it was in a 3rd gen.

there used to be a company that made a rubber boot of sorts that went between the cab and the bed to allow a box in the bed to port to the cab. there was a guy in kansas that had like 8 12's or something ridiculous in his bed.

ramthis9501 01-17-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OklaHemi (Post 8814)
had like 8 12's or something ridiculous in his bed.

I'm so gonna do that one day!

OklaHemi 01-17-2012 10:53 PM

start saving and beef up the rear end. my buddy Dustin just had to replace his on his tahoe and all he has is 4 12's

Matt 01-18-2012 01:36 AM

ya you can get that accordion boot at any rv place i'm pretty sure

LowRam 01-18-2012 02:00 AM

I seen a website that sold accordion boot but cant remember what it was called and not sure where an rv shop is at..
Im probably going to do two 12s for now maybe two 15s eventually but im goin to do my system in my tahoe before i buy the one for this truck im going to wall my tahoe with four 15s

OklaHemi 01-18-2012 02:16 AM

there are rv shops galore he in tulsa oklahomie

Matt 01-18-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowRam (Post 8856)
I seen a website that sold accordion boot but cant remember what it was called and not sure where an rv shop is at..
Im probably going to do two 12s for now maybe two 15s eventually but im goin to do my system in my tahoe before i buy the one for this truck im going to wall my tahoe with four 15s

any particular reason you're going to do a wall? you'll have a much louder musical setup with a standard custom box subs up port back and if you don't do everything exactly right with a wall you lose tons of db's with cancelation and such ... you have plenty of room for 4 15's in a regular box so you aren't gaining anything except a ton of work and ruining your interior by doing a wall ...

and if you're only going to do 2 12's keep it in the cab it will be louder .. do a downfired box as a center console ... best way to do a single cab