Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   General (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Next set of mods ordered! (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=237)

BMRbrnSNRbrd 09-14-2011 02:19 PM

I think that unless you NEED them you should leave them off. I know a lot of people swear by them but I feel there's got to be a better way than slapping a huge set of dumbo ears on the truck.

As for the box, have you considered having Morgan build one for you? I know he's done a few in his day. (Sorry if I'm throwing you out there Morgan).

myoung84 09-14-2011 02:46 PM

I agree with David on the mirrors. The stock mirrors actually look a little better than the tows. I actually have a legitimate use for the tow mirrors or I wouldn't have swapped for them. When I have my ATV in the bed and the bed cover up against the back window, all I have is the side mirrors for rear visibility which suck for trying back my boat into tight places. I think backing a trailer will be 100x easier with the bigger, wider mirrors.

And on the box, I could help you build one or even walk you through building your own, but I have decided not to use my truck as a mold anymore. It makes my truck stink like ass for a couple months. Another option is a Fox Box, which actually fit in the 3rd gens without removing carpet and padding...

(S.M.R) 101 09-14-2011 02:47 PM

yeah I just hate the bubble look of these mirrors dude.. Wish I could fit a set of 4th gen's on there.. I'll just get my money back, Tow Mirrors are out.

I was going to ask Morgan but I'd hate for him to have to use his truck again to do another box.. and nobody wants to make a custom box for me around here they are all like we only order boxes.....Dicks..

myoung84 09-14-2011 02:48 PM

For the amount of labor involved, most shops would charge you an arm and 2 legs to build a custom box. You're looking at around $75 in materials if you build your own.

What kind of tools do you have available? You could build one with a circular saw and a jig saw, but a table saw makes things a little easier. Then you just need the fiberglass mat and resin.

(S.M.R) 101 09-14-2011 02:50 PM

I would have my brother in Arkansas build me one he makes amazing boxes but he is a dick and we do not get along very well.... so he's out

myoung84 09-14-2011 02:51 PM

Lol.

(S.M.R) 101 09-14-2011 02:56 PM

I was looking at the fox box for the 2 10's but not sure if I wanna go that route.. Not a fan of the new boxes they have in production right now.. Wish I could land on an old verison of the box but can't find one anywhere.

BMRbrnSNRbrd 09-14-2011 03:20 PM

Hell, just do a full custom setup and install the subs facing up IN the seats...that way the ladies that ride in the back will get a HELL of a ride!

(S.M.R) 101 09-14-2011 04:22 PM

hahaha now that's an idea Dave!

Matt 09-14-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 (Post 3663)
yeah I just hate the bubble look of these mirrors dude.. Wish I could fit a set of 4th gen's on there.. I'll just get my money back, Tow Mirrors are out.

I was going to ask Morgan but I'd hate for him to have to use his truck again to do another box.. and nobody wants to make a custom box for me around here they are all like we only order boxes.....Dicks..

how much did you spend on them?? i like them on the lifted trucks but not so much on the stock size ones especially if you have wide tires

Quote:

Originally Posted by myoung84 (Post 3664)
For the amount of labor involved, most shops would charge you an arm and 2 legs to build a custom box. You're looking at around $75 in materials if you build your own.

What kind of tools do you have available? You could build one with a circular saw and a jig saw, but a table saw makes things a little easier. Then you just need the fiberglass mat and resin.

exactly its alot more labor then most people think .. they want a custom box for 100 bucks and then want to get mad when you say no lol

btw i'm talking in general not about you lol