Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ice cold air. (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=399)

fast_Orange 11-01-2011 11:24 AM

Ice cold air.

Hey guys. kinda new to the site. just wondering what your opinion is on the best cold air intake for a 2007 style hemi? I was thinking either Vararam or Volant, but figured I'd ask someone that's actually swapped their intakes. thanks!:rockit:

BMRbrnSNRbrd 11-01-2011 12:02 PM

First things first: Welcome!

Second, you can't go wrong with either. The other Admin, OklaHemi, has a Vararam and loves it. There are complaints about fit and finish though. Hopefully he'll chime in soon.

BTW, how did you find us?

ramthis9501 11-01-2011 12:48 PM

Welcome to ORC! I helped Mike with the install on his vararam and it was actually pretty easy, looks cool under the hood lol

fast_Orange 11-02-2011 01:08 PM

I just did a search for ram forums, then decided id rather go more local. I'm a member of the onepercent.net forum as well,mainly just from having some buddies that had cars that i drooled over.

How hard is it to fully install the vararam VS just swapping the box and filter and tube if i were to get the volant? the only somewhat difficult thing i saw on the instructions was routing the tubes to the front of the truck, which didnt even look that hard.

BTW david, i love your ram, before i purchased my '07, i almost bought an '11 outdoorsman, but do to getting the runaround from a salesman i bailed. i LOOOOVE the new hemi's

Matt 11-02-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_Orange (Post 6215)
I just did a search for ram forums, then decided id rather go more local. I'm a member of the onepercent.net forum as well,mainly just from having some buddies that had cars that i drooled over.

How hard is it to fully install the vararam VS just swapping the box and filter and tube if i were to get the volant? the only somewhat difficult thing i saw on the instructions was routing the tubes to the front of the truck, which didnt even look that hard.

BTW david, i love your ram, before i purchased my '07, i almost bought an '11 outdoorsman, but do to getting the runaround from a salesman i bailed. i LOOOOVE the new hemi's

ha this sounds familar lol seems like thats the new thing to do on the 11 outdoorsman ... :welcome:

fast_Orange 11-02-2011 02:22 PM

yea it was the last of there 11's, i just wanted a single cab hemi,possibly the express package, and he offered the brand new outdoorsman to me at 22.9, upon almost jumping all over it , told me he didnt do his homework and told me the rebates were only for militiary,etc.. so the price magically jumped back up to 25,9 and he couldnt understand why i didnt wanna buy it anymore.

OklaHemi 11-02-2011 07:16 PM

installing the vararam took about 30 minutes total, not bad at all. i really like it and once i made the modified funnel for oil changes i started liking it a lot more

fast_Orange 11-03-2011 12:04 AM

Yea I bet it made the oil cap a pain to get to for oil changes.

BMRbrnSNRbrd 11-03-2011 12:58 AM

If it were me I would do the VR.

fast_Orange 11-03-2011 09:01 AM

well i plan on getting an srt-10 hood or some kind of ram air system down the line so i want to make it all work together.