Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   Technical/Repair (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Need Help Finding Trans Shop (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=1341)

swirvin21 04-25-2013 11:31 PM

Need Help Finding Trans Shop

Yeah, I know, everyone has problems with the 2nd gen Ram transmissions, but this is just a leak. I fairly certain it is the seal where the torque converter fits into the pump, because it leaks after being driven for a long distance and drips down the inspection cover.

I don't know of any good, trustworthy shops around Tulsa that won't try to sell me a rebuild while they are at it. Any recommendations? I mean I might go for a new pump or some small upgrades while they have it opened up...

So suggestions? I'd be willing to drive to OKC if I could get it done fast. I'd even spend the night if I could get it done in 1-2 days.

I also need help with my A/C.....won't blow regardless. Refilled the freon, tried jumping the clutch, nothing. I have too much to do to work on it, so I need to pay to have it done.

Jance Customs 04-26-2013 12:38 AM

What year is your truck?

I had my transmission fixed at the dealer because it was shifting hard. It did cost me around $900 but it got fixed!

You might check your vacuum line for the ac.

swirvin21 04-26-2013 10:07 AM

it's 1998 Ram 2500 V10 4x4. I know the dealer would likely be able to fix both of these problems, but I have had some bad experiences with them overcharging in the past.

DoubleTakeDodge 04-26-2013 10:56 AM

Won't blow cold regardless or won't blow at all?

swirvin21 04-26-2013 12:02 PM

won't blow cold, blower is fine. The compressor will not turn on at all, even after I tried jumping it. Freon is topped off, had the A/C guy try everything he could with no luck. I have a spare compressor. I know it's not the switch, as we bypassed the switch when he jumped it.

Ironically, the Black Ram is having some issues as well. I've noticed that the clutch randomly turns on even when the plug is disconnected. I'm thinking that the clutch is going bad, but that's something else I'll need to get done at some point.

DoubleTakeDodge 04-26-2013 12:33 PM

Hmmm... Well I wish I knew more and could help you but I know very little about a/c systems..

MegaCabMan 04-29-2013 11:08 PM

Need Help Finding Trans Shop

If you jumped 12v (+) straight to the ac clutch and it didn't engage, the the clutch is bad--go to the part store get a new clutch and rent a clutch puller. Easy job.

As for the trans---I don't know anybody in Tulsa.

BMRbrnSNRbrd 04-30-2013 02:04 PM

I was going to say the same thing as MCM about the A/C.

The only trans shop I've ever used with success was Blumenthals in OKC. However, they can be a bit costly, but the work is good and reasonably quick.

swirvin21 04-30-2013 04:40 PM

yeah, I tend to agree with you guys. Weird thing, most of the box stores I've looked online at don't have a clutch only kit for the Rams. Found one on Amazon and a mopar kit, but it's the same price as a complete compressor/clutch. I've only checked Oreillys and Autozone, but maybe Napa or PepBoys has one. Just thought it was strange....

BMRbrnSNRbrd 04-30-2013 06:19 PM

Have you checked Rock Auto?