Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming events (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Couple of upcoming shows (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=1384)

Okiespaniels 07-29-2013 08:25 AM

Couple of upcoming shows

Aug 17th Broken Arrow, OK 22nd annual car show Elks Festival of Wheels featuring grass parking , food sales, womans world arts and crafts sale, air conditioned hall to escape heat and more. 26 car and motorcycle trophy classes . Registration starts at 8 am free t-shirt for first 50 entries Show runs from 8 am to 2pm For more information contact Rich Eltzroth 918-693-0259

Comment: This was the first show I entered my truck in, and while it is a family friendly show promoting the Elks and thier charities, something changed last year and it was not as good as in previous years. There were a lot less vendors and door prizes...The food absolutely sucked. It's a cheap show at 15 bucks for the entry but a bit far for most of you to drive.

Aug 30th - 31st Bristow, OK 14th annual Car Show poker Aug 30th Aug 31st car, truck, Bike & Tractor Show Further info contact www.bristowchamber.com 918-367-5151 918-284-0205 918-367-5161

This show has also had a change in sponsorship. I didn't go last year but Traci and I have enjoyed it in the past. Most downtown businesses and resturants are open and there are are usually food vendors too.
If sitting on main street in an old route 66 town enjoying the eclectic but friendly locals and talking with fellow enthusiasts is your klind of show, you'll love it. Just park on the North side of the street unless you like getting baked!

BMRbrnSNRbrd 07-29-2013 01:04 PM

Thank you for both the show info as well as the personal insight. That Bristow show sounds like fun!

Okiespaniels 07-29-2013 01:57 PM

If you enjoy shows like Ft Gibson's or Sapulpa's Rt 66 blowout, Bristow is perfect. Be great to see some ORC trucks there.

DoubleTakeDodge 07-29-2013 02:18 PM

The Bristow show is good every year. Jerrod and I are planning to attend it again this year. You guys from the city should come to our side of the state for this one!

Okiespaniels 07-29-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge (Post 24813)
The Bristow show is good every year. Jerrod and I are planning to attend it again this year. You guys from the city should come to our side of the state for this one!

They should...but will they?

James, if you and Jared parked together with me you should be in the middle so the lift size progresses from highest to lowest...or lowest to highest.

Yes..I have the smallest lift....:/

BMRbrnSNRbrd 07-29-2013 04:32 PM

Well then I'll park on the end to keep the height progression in order.

Okiespaniels 07-29-2013 05:26 PM

That would be hilarious...and cool!

DoubleTakeDodge 07-29-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels (Post 24814)
They should...but will they?

James, if you and Jared parked together with me you should be in the middle so the lift size progresses from highest to lowest...or lowest to highest.

Yes..I have the smallest lift....:/

I bet your truck is about as tall as mine! Mine is just sporting the factory 3/4 ton plow package suspension. And I'll try to get Jerrod to enter something in the show. I probably won't enter just because of the damage in my truck. But I have every intention of attending the show. It's those small town Main Street shows that I like the most. May be pretty much the same cars every year but I like the people alot more.

Okiespaniels 07-29-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge (Post 24829)
I bet your truck is about as tall as mine! Mine is just sporting the factory 3/4 ton plow package suspension. And I'll try to get Jerrod to enter something in the show. I probably won't enter just because of the damage in my truck. But I have every intention of attending the show. It's those small town Main Street shows that I like the most. May be pretty much the same cars every year but I like the people alot more.

We'll have to gtg and do a "tale of the tape " some time just for the frell of it. I'm sure yours is taller with 35's and 3/4 ton suspension.

We can sure sit on the sidewalk and people watch. Absolutely entertaining!

DoubleTakeDodge 07-29-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels (Post 24833)
We'll have to gtg and do a "tale of the tape " some time just for the frell of it. I'm sure yours is taller with 35's and 3/4 ton suspension.

We can sure sit on the sidewalk and people watch. Absolutely entertaining!

Definitely haha. Well I hope to see some ORC guys here, it's always a show I look forward to. Always alot of fun.