Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   Site Comments, Suggestions, Questions, & Problems (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   just a thought... (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=519)

LowRam 12-21-2011 05:10 PM

just a thought...

i was thinking maybe having a "project" or "build-up" section. where you could post pics of you truck and either just update it as you go or also mention like a list of things you would want to do to it and keep it updated as you go along.
so others can see what you have got or maybe atleast imagine your plans to what you want. like tomorrow ill be doing a gas tank relocation and also a sub box build. i could take pics and post as the build comes along up until completion.

just a idea I had.

Matt 12-22-2011 12:05 AM

i've mentioned something similar to this but i don't think they are too keen on it

ramthis9501 12-22-2011 01:01 AM

We're trying to keep the layout as easy to understand as possible, but we will take your idea into consideration. As this site grows, more will be added.

LowRam 12-22-2011 01:18 AM

Alright cool until then ill use the general section

Matt 12-22-2011 01:22 AM

this site is probably going to be small for quite a while considering the niche .... oklahoma ram enthusiasts .... you don't have a huge sample even if every person in oklahoma that had a dodge got on here it would still be smaller than dt ...

that being said there's nothing wrong with that but why wait for more people to join to make the site better and add an area that could be entertaining ... guess that doesn't make sense to me

i've been on several smaller forums and they have build up/project/or a rides section on every single one of them ... not everyone likes to have to make a brand new post just bc they got 1 mod or whatever now if there was a build up thread you just post another picture and keep 1 thread going ... but i guess you guys want a new thread for everything

ramthis9501 12-22-2011 01:37 AM

Well I didn't say we're going to need 5000 members to put it on there lol As you can see though, the site is growing right now considering we just got like 4 or 5 new members in the past week. Before anything is added, the ORC staff as a whole needs to discuss it first before we go adding anything.

Matt 12-22-2011 01:40 AM

:emotions34:ohh ok :worship:

LowRam 12-22-2011 08:20 AM

Well like i said it was just a thought cause ive seen like matt said most forums have one so i just thought id mention it to yall to keep it on one thread

OklaHemi 01-01-2012 12:33 AM

no one ever said that we wanted this site to compete with dt. it was made to be more personal and involved. a place to go without have to put up with a bunch of shit talkers that you will never meet or care to for that matter. any and all ideas are welcome along with criticisms.

so you want a members rides section where each member can have one thread to update? i think a few guys have already started such threads. or is that to similar to a garage area? i personally never check other peoples garages or my own.

Matt 01-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OklaHemi (Post 8164)
no one ever said that we wanted this site to compete with dt. it was made to be more personal and involved. a place to go without have to put up with a bunch of shit talkers that you will never meet or care to for that matter. any and all ideas are welcome along with criticisms.

so you want a members rides section where each member can have one thread to update? i think a few guys have already started such threads. or is that to similar to a garage area? i personally never check other peoples garages or my own.

i don't either .. thats kind of why i think it would work better if it was a thread