Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Dumped or duals (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=895)

Graygoose 05-17-2012 09:39 AM

I cant believe everyione dislikes Flowmaster, to me, there's a reason they are the most popular aftermarket mufflers there are...if you want rust proof, they have stainless.
I just ordered the catback Flowmaster kit for mine, should be here in a week.
I don't belive in the 'flow' other muffler manufactures put out, sometimes backpressure is good, and needed. Almost all the drag racers I know use Bullets, Flowmasters or Borla XR-1

swirvin21 05-17-2012 09:54 AM

I think it varies by engine. Flowmaster is the best sounding on my V10 IMO, but I love the Magnaflow on my V8 360.

We should open a section with video/audio of exhausts. I would post both of mine. Nothing like being able to hear your exact motor with different mufflers/setups.

Ramthedaughter 05-17-2012 11:17 AM

Ill see if i can post a video tonight of my exhaust and yall hear what im working with

LowRam 05-17-2012 01:27 PM

ill shoot a video or my rams exhaust, might have to put a warning lable on the loudness lol

Matt 05-17-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graygoose (Post 15239)
I cant believe everyione dislikes Flowmaster, to me, there's a reason they are the most popular aftermarket mufflers there are...if you want rust proof, they have stainless.
I just ordered the catback Flowmaster kit for mine, should be here in a week.
I don't belive in the 'flow' other muffler manufactures put out, sometimes backpressure is good, and needed. Almost all the drag racers I know use Bullets, Flowmasters or Borla XR-1

It seems to be a ram thing on the few ram forums I'm on they all hate flow master and the forum boner seems to be magnaflow... I like both I just prefer the flow master sound and on a 3 ton truck a couple hp either way cannot be felt

Graygoose 05-17-2012 05:16 PM

If anyone can feel any seat of the pants on a 6000 lb truck 1-5hp, they're more man than me. Now if it's sound difference, that's a totally different thing. Personal preference. :D

Randall488 05-17-2012 06:04 PM

I'm all about lettin a engine breath straight through. Best sound and its the cheapest. But I were goin for perfornance cherry bomb, all the way or chambered or straight through.

Matt 05-17-2012 06:15 PM

straight pipes on a gas truck sound terrible imo lol

fastnnuffrt 05-17-2012 09:47 PM

I love the way flow master sounds on most. But when your trying get every bit of power 5-10 hp is more than you had. I live on the track and I don't know of any guys running chambered. But each to his own

Lt.Dan 05-17-2012 11:38 PM

Welp speakin of dumped exhaust, I guess mine is broke completely in half underneath the passenger floor board. But it's weird cuz no soot comes out right there and it didn't seem to sound any different.