Oklahoma Ram Club

Oklahoma Ram Club (http://www.oklarams.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.oklarams.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sapulpa Chapter (http://www.oklarams.com/showthread.php?t=672)

Lt.Dan 02-21-2012 07:52 PM

I propose that we meet Saturday night at bww at 71st and hwy 75 so its kinda centralized and easy for Jon to get to. and there is the sams club parkin lot right across the road where we can all park and check out each others rides and what not.

DoubleTakeDodge 02-21-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt.Dan (Post 11042)
I propose that we meet Saturday night at bww at 71st and hwy 75 so its kinda centralized and easy for Jon to get to. and there is the sams club parkin lot right across the road where we can all park and check out each others rides and what not.

Seconded. Any more input??

OklaHemi 02-21-2012 08:16 PM

ewww jenks

OklaHemi 02-21-2012 08:17 PM

Im down what time 5ish

(S.M.R) 101 02-21-2012 08:37 PM

I now deem this a club............ Please forward all your payments to Andress Land Acquisitions LLC, please make checks payable to the name of the LLC and or payments on the site "I'll Cut You.org"

Thanks,

Respectively "K-Dubb" aka CEO Bitch

DoubleTakeDodge 02-21-2012 08:41 PM

Hahahahahaha what's the address??

215 In Your Dreams Ln.
Not Gonna Happen, NY

Lol (:

OklaHemi 02-21-2012 08:41 PM

Not until you make a theme song K-Dizzle

BMRbrnSNRbrd 02-21-2012 09:26 PM

His address is somewhere on the corner of "Get a map" and "Fuck off."

rvarela 02-21-2012 09:42 PM

ha ha, too funny!

OklaHemi 02-21-2012 09:47 PM

I have sent many people to Kyles place

(S.M.R) 101 02-21-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd (Post 11049)
His address is somewhere on the corner of "Get a map" and "Fuck off."

Hangover reference, Love it!

(S.M.R) 101 02-21-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OklaHemi (Post 11048)
Not until you make a theme song K-Dizzle

I made one I just need to upload it and post it to get yalls opinions.

ramthis9501 02-21-2012 10:26 PM

Hellz yeah Kyle! An ORC theme song would be sick!

Matt 02-21-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OklaHemi (Post 11020)
Dave is reffering to something like DFWrams where there is money and politics involved. there will be non of that here. i dont understand why people think you have to pay someone to be an official club. is there a national club board that we have to pay dues to with regulations to follow. do we need to meet their annual criteria to call ourselves a club?

People have started to associate the word Club with these dip shit people who ruin it for everyone.

most of the clubs that have dues that i personally know about all the money goes into the club they make 0 off of it

(S.M.R) 101 02-21-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 11065)
most of the clubs that have dues that i personally know about all the money goes into the club they make 0 off of it

Yeah but where is the money really going?

DoubleTakeDodge 02-21-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 (Post 11068)
Yeah but where is the money really going?

In that case doesn't the money go to stickers, apparel, and entry fees?

LowRam 02-21-2012 11:39 PM

Well guess ill be working on my dodge this weekend. I just got in dodge started it was pulling up to a stop sign pressed brakes.. Nothing let up pressed agian still nothing, the third time i pressed i started feeling pressure so i got the truck home now all i can think is air in the line any input from others?

LowRam 02-21-2012 11:40 PM

If i could get it fixed before a meet id like to meet up with yall

DoubleTakeDodge 02-21-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowRam (Post 11071)
Well guess ill be working on my dodge this weekend. I just got in dodge started it was pulling up to a stop sign pressed brakes.. Nothing let up pressed agian still nothing, the third time i pressed i started feeling pressure so i got the truck home now all i can think is air in the line any input from others?

If they do and don't work both it does sound like air in the line. try filling it up and bleeding the lines

(S.M.R) 101 02-22-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge (Post 11070)
In that case doesn't the money go to stickers, apparel, and entry fees?

yeah but like ORC we just pay Mike and he sends us stickers and Dave and or Matt has a guy that does Tee's so really I would see no point in paying a monthly fee unless we wanted new stickers / apparel every month.

I understand the entry fee's and stuff but how many car shows can you really hit to justify paying a monthly fee.. That's all i'm saying.

LowRam 02-22-2012 12:09 AM

Ive never bled lines before.. So it may take me awhile to do...

DoubleTakeDodge 02-22-2012 12:11 AM

Exactly, rather than paying fees and that stuff being covered, we cover it ourselves and individually at the time we want new stuff or when we want to enter a show. It makes more sense to have fees if shows, stickers, and clothes are all mandatory, but in the ORC, EVERYTHING is optional so fees would be ridiculous.

DoubleTakeDodge 02-22-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowRam (Post 11075)
Ive never bled lines before.. So it may take me awhile to do...

Yeah, I haven't either. You might try starting a thread to see if any of the other members know how to do it.

DoubleTakeDodge 02-22-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramthis9501 (Post 10993)
Keep on recruiting!

I went around and put 12 notes on windshields today. One already joined as well as a guy that lives down the street from me and my buddy brody who just got a cummins. Hopefully some more of the notes will result in new members!

Matt 02-22-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 (Post 11074)
yeah but like ORC we just pay Mike and he sends us stickers and Dave and or Matt has a guy that does Tee's so really I would see no point in paying a monthly fee unless we wanted new stickers / apparel every month.

I understand the entry fee's and stuff but how many car shows can you really hit to justify paying a monthly fee.. That's all i'm saying.

man it goes into all kinds of things: cookouts, banners, tents for setting up at shows, some have websites ... it all depends on your club but it's not like you don't see the money back it seems like nobody on here has been in an actual "high quality" club so there is a lot of bad outlook on them (and neither have i) but the few that i have been around there is a real brotherhood too them and they have some sick ass rides .. they push you and help you more than anything i've seen - you can't just roll in with a stock truck with plasti-dipped wheels and expect to get in --- its obviously not everones cup of tea

i'm not trying to talk crap either way lol but in my opinion orc is a forum not a car club .. others can think different tho

LowRam 02-22-2012 09:14 AM

In away i can see it as a truck club, i mean those mustang clubs you see at kicker do basicly what were doing here.

Matt i know what you mean by this is more like a forum donthold me to this but i think i have seen a few clubs that have forums on there club sites, for their members and fans to follow them. Could you imagie tho if OKCminis people were to register as a club at kicker... Lol

Okiespaniels 02-22-2012 09:28 AM

I have been in "high quality" clubs in the past that have been quite active, but got burnt out on the politics and back stabbing that ended up doing more harm than good. We were one of those clubs that had all the banners, tents, jackets, everything but a website...there really wasn't a web back then.

Long story short, when the club finally disbanded there were issues over dispersment of monies and inventory. One of the members felt it was handled poorly and tried to sue the officers, which got me involved. People who used to be best friends still don't speak to each other. So you can guess my take on "clubs".

Now I am a member of several forums, and rather than feel tied down, I am free to do as little or as much as I want. One of those forums is quite active at this time...there are regular gtgs, new people are signing on, and those who were involved before and did nothing are still doing exactly that. The drama quotient is pretty low, and people volunteer thier tents and such so theres no inventory, and no monies to worry about.

As far advertising and clothing, the webmasters invest in it and I don't have to deal with it.

I'm not saying clubs are bad, but clubs, by thier very nature, have thier own issues. In a club you will/must be able to work face to face with other people and interact tactfully for the good of the group. I'm not sure that many people used to conversing from the safety of a keyboard are capable of that. I'd love to be proven wrong...

(S.M.R) 101 02-22-2012 10:32 AM

Back when I had my CBR bike I was in a "High Quality" club that had 28 members and had to pay fees and I dipped out of that... It was not worth what I was paying to be there.. so 7 of us peaced out and just rolled with eachother.

Matt 02-22-2012 11:18 AM

So Okcminis is a car club? Dodgetalk is a car club? Lol there's nothing wrong with being a forum and having g2g but IMO there are quite a few differences between a car club and a car forum both have pros and cons

LowRam 02-22-2012 11:39 AM

no okcminis isnt a car club im just saying there a forum also but if we could register as orc could you imagine if they were to register as a club

BMRbrnSNRbrd 02-22-2012 01:50 PM

Its all semantics Matt. Its just the name of a site.

Lt.Dan 02-22-2012 04:42 PM

Didn't realize this was gonna start so much club controversy. I was just sayin Sapulpa was comin in hot with members. Haha but I'm just sayin we should have more get togethers. Especially now that we have so many members in this part of the state. Not saying we need to do all the "club" shit. Just sayin we need to get together and hang out more. That's it.

DoubleTakeDodge 02-22-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt.Dan (Post 11122)
Didn't realize this was gonna start so much club controversy. I was just sayin Sapulpa was comin in hot with members. Haha but I'm just sayin we should have more get togethers. Especially now that we have so many members in this part of the state. Not saying we need to do all the "club" shit. Just sayin we need to get together and hang out more. That's it.

Exactly. Nobody wants dues or requirements. If it comes to that, I personally will not be sticking around. To call ourselves the ORC we do not have to abide by the rules of what most would consider a 'conventional' or 'real' club. It's a name... That's it. Now those of us who live further east have an opportunity to meet up more. Or at least will as the presence of members our direction continues to increase.

Lt.Dan 02-22-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge (Post 11124)
Exactly. Nobody wants dues or requirements. If it comes to that, I personally will not be sticking around. To call ourselves the ORC we do not have to abide by the rules of what most would consider a 'conventional' or 'real' club. It's a name... That's it. Now those of us who live further east have an opportunity to meet up more.

Preach on brotha man

DoubleTakeDodge 02-22-2012 04:53 PM

Never thought a conversation that you and me had off the forum would turn into this on the forum lol.

(S.M.R) 101 02-22-2012 05:55 PM

yeah.... I say we ban you both...... your causing way to much drama on here ya dicks...

:D

DoubleTakeDodge 02-22-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 (Post 11130)
yeah.... I say we ban you both...... your causing way to much drama on here ya dicks...

Hahaha dang.... Just don't know when to keep my mouth shut!! lol

Lt.Dan 02-22-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 (Post 11130)

Didn't realize I would spark controversy in the Oklahoma Ram CLUB!! lol

WhiteLightning 02-23-2012 12:50 AM

in response to the tshirt and hoodie ideas, my family owns a sporting goods company and we screen print tee shirts and hoodies. if someone wants to whip up a design i can throw together a screen and make some test samples that could be brought to kicker bash and everyone can order them there and delivered at meets on a later date.

(S.M.R) 101 02-23-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge (Post 11132)
Hahaha dang.... Just don't know when to keep my mouth shut!! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt.Dan (Post 11143)
Didn't realize I would spark controversy in the Oklahoma Ram CLUB!! lol

I'll beat you guys with the Ban stick if it happens again...